Over 200 Local Authorities in the UK have now declared a climate emergency, which will probably drive them all to adopt net zero carbon policies for both new and existing buildings in their area. We know that there is a significant performance gap between designed and in-use energy performance for nearly all building types, so these Local Authorities should be encouraged to adopt energy-use targets based on measured performance if they really want to move towards net zero carbon. Other building clients face a similar challenge.
This event will showcase the momentum on the issue of measured performance targets, with short presentations on a range of recent programmes and initiatives including the BPN’s campaign for a joint industry position on disclosure and performance commitments.
- Chair: George Martin, Chair BPN
- Common aims for industry-wide performance improvement – Julie Godefroy, BPN/CIBSE
- Collected performance improvement initiatives:
- Construction Leadership Council Innovation Metrics
- UKGBC Climate Leadership programme,
- RIBA 2030 Sustainability Challenge,
- CIBSE energy benchmarks, with UCL
- LETI disclosure initiative
- Good Homes Alliance performance improvement programme
Will South, Director and Engineer, Etude
Ioanna Mytilinaiou, Senior Policy and Programme Officer, Zero Carbon Policy Team – Greater London Authority
Simon Cross, Director of the Building Futures Group, BRE
- Discussion & networking
Register for Build2Perform here.
Time: 8:45 am - 10:00 am
Address: Olympia London, Hammersmith Road, London, W14 8UX