Join us online on 29th June at 3.30pm. Our focus for this session is clients and their perspectives on building performance evaluation.
What is the part of building performance evaluation in an organisation’s strategy? How are indicators of performance identified? What is the information and knowledge that comes from BPE?
We will hear about the successes and challenges of measuring the operational performance of buildings from the University of Warwick and from TfL.
Then, our panel session features three organisations bringing their building performance challenges to you, and, perhaps, challenging the standard goals for the built environment. We will hear about:
• the objectives of their organisations,
• the relevance of measured performance,
• finding the right metrics to understand success and progress,
• the challenges that BPN Members can help with.
To conclude, we will ask you to speculate on how the current pandemic is changing priorities for the built environment. What aspects of building performance are going to seem most relevant as we try to return to a more normal way of life? How can observing and managing the built environment aid the transition to a covid-resilient world?
3.30pm Chair: George Martin, Interim Chair, BPN
3.40 University estate strategy & performance measurement – Joel Cardinal, University of Warwick
3.50 High-performance homes in occupancy – Derek Wilson, TfL
4.20 Panel – innovative client needs from building performance evaluation, featuring
• Rob Pannell, NHBC
• Matthew Wilkinson, University of London
• Natalie Gardner, Clarion Housing Group
Who should attend
This meeting will be for providers of building performance evaluation services and products, for suppliers of materials for and means to building performance improvement.
• Engage with clients – estate managers, forward-thinking building-owners and occupiers.
• Inform your own developments – what do clients need help with, what are the priorities that you can address.
• Discuss how we can work together as a network to promote our joint objectives to clients.
This event will be online using Zoom. Details will follow booking.
Free to BPN Members (contact us about membership)
£10 for partner members (CIBSE, Passivhaus Trust, ASBP, Good Homes Alliance, STBA, RIBA Sustainable Futures Group)
£20 for other non-members
Time: 3:30 pm - 5:15 pm