Details of our Members’ and supporters’ event on 27th February 2020, 2-5.30pm, in London.
As this new decades begins, it is clear this is when we must tackle climate change. 2020 is going to be a crucial year for regulation of our buildings, with potential to ensure a positive legacy. Our promotion of measured, in-use performance and declaration of those metrics has never been more important. With our Position Statement in place, we will be pushing to ensure the performance gap is effectively tackled in the Future Homes Standard, and the Building Regulations for existing homes and non-domestic buildings, all planned for review this year.
With this background in mind, the BPN team has a number of plans to share and take views on:
- Collating the evidence base for how in-use performance could be integrated into regulations
- Engagement with BSI on the British Standard for building performance evaluation (BPE)
- Continued promotion of our Position Statement on Operational Performance, alongside CIBSE, GHA, LETI, RIBA and UKGBC
- Launch of a map of BPE projects across the country
- Review of guidance and tool that will support the British Standard for BPE and Building Regulations
- New research proposals:
- State of the nation: BPE in non-domestic buildings
- State of the nation: BPE in existing buildings
- Use of smart data
2pm Chair: George Martin, Interim Chair, BPN
2.10 Innovative clients – TBC, Innovation Gateway
2.30 University estate strategy – TBC, University of Warwick
2.50 BPE across UK – an overview – Julie Godefroy, CIBSE / Prof Rajat Gupta, Oxford Brookes University
3.30 Coffee & tea break
4.00 BPN in 2020 – Hywel Davies, CIBSE and Executive Director, BPN
4.20 BPN in 2020 – facilitated feedback to the BPN team – our plans, our campaigns, what the network needs from BPN, what the network can achieve together.
5.15 Summary of discussions – George Martin
5.30 Close – Networking drinks
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with enquiries or simply to tell us that you will attend.