We invite our Members to come together online to discuss our activities in 2021. Together we will discuss what more we can do collectively in order to increase the demand for Building Performance Evaluation (BPE).
Starting at 3.30pm on Monday 7th December, we will explore current work on mechanisms to increase uptake:
- BPE as part of Building Regulations
- BPE as a requirement of other Standards & Regulations
- BPE as part of professional requirements
- BPE as part of reporting requirements
- BPE as a voluntary initiative
Our presentations will be followed by a discussion session with you to explore what the BPN can do in 2021 to help increase BPE demand still further, including:
- Research work
- Briefing papers
- Standard specifications and contract documents
- Communications to various specific audiences
- Lobbying policymakers and other influential organisations
3.30pm Chair’s introduction – George Martin, Chair, BPN
3.40 Joining the dots between regulations and in-use performance – Julie Godefroy, CIBSE
3.50 BPE through standards – Kerry Mashford
4.00 Client briefs and specifications as a barrier or opportunity – Tom Randall, Arup
4.10 BPE through RIBA professional requirements – Prof Fionn Stevenson, University of Sheffield
4.20 Discussion – how to increase the demand for BPE
4.50 Conclusions – actions for BPN in 2021
This event is for Members. Please contact Laura about Membership or attending as a guest.
Online, via Zoom.
Time: 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm